Looking for the real MVP of meal prep?
It just might be this recipe right here …
The HOLY GRAIL of easy, delicious and great for leftovers!
I’m not going to spend much time on the introduction for this one …
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon lard or bacon fat
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place the cubed chicken in a large bowl and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Add the rosemary and sage and toss until all the chicken pieces are coated.
- Heat the lard or bacon fat in a heavy skillet over high heat. Add the seasoned chicken to the pan and cook, turning occasionally, until the chicken is well browned on the outside but still slightly pink in the center. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Pour the cider into the hot skillet and bring to a boil. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the cider is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Stir in the honey.
- Reduce the heat to medium and return the chicken to the skillet, along with any juices that accumulated. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the chicken is glazed and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Serving Size: 2 even portions