You’ll be the BBQ Hero this weekend if you throw down this recipe at the picnic table!
Everyone loves a good potato salad.
But … sometimes you want to be a little more disciplined.
So, you keep the theme, but you “make it your way”.
With our Holiday Edition of Recipe of the Week, we present a delicious AND TASTY, alternative to your traditional potato salads.
Get cookin’! ==>
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 green onions, chopped
- handful of fresh dill, roughly chopped
- dash of red pepper flakes
- dash of ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lay the bacon flat on the sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the bacon is slightly crispy. Let cool then roughly chop.
- In a roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, toss the sweet potatoes and garlic in coconut oil and roast for about 30 minutes or until slightly browned.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Toss in green onions, dill, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Once sweet potatoes are finished cooking, toss them together with the dressing and bacon.
*cooking time for potatoes will vary depending on sliced thickness, and natural variations in oven temperatures. Cook to desired level.